Monday, October 22, 2012

Back to Work

 
It has been quite a while since my last post, as things have gotten very hectic lately.  I left a job, started a job (which was much too far away), found and started another job much closer to home (left the other), and then my brother's wedding in Newport.  Add to that the regular busyness of life with a 2 year old, a giant custom order (finally completed), and my first craft fair.
Whew!  I'm tired just thinking about it.

But now I am back to work.  I am revamping things a little bit and trying to add new items to the Etsy shop.  I am working more in natural fibers partly because they are much better quality, and partly because I just enjoy them more.  I am cutting back on my items using synthetic fibers.  I will still be taking custom orders in whatever kind of yarn you prefer, and I will be using up all of my acrylics on hand, but I plan on working in wool, cottons, and alpaca fibers for the most part.
There is an amazing yarn site, Expression Fiber Arts, where I have been shopping for much of the yarn I have been working in recently.  Please check it out!  She is a pleasure to work with and has very reasonable prices.  The yarn is gorgeous and arrives very quickly.  Placing my 4th order with her this week.  Yay!
 
In other news, I am working on writing up several of my patterns.  I have been wanting to do this for a while.  I have one of my patterns out for testing now, and I am hoping to release it by the end of the week in my Etsy shop.  I may also list on Craftsy (I have not decided yet).
My newest design is "The Aurora Slouchy Hat", inspired by my daughet's love of flowers (and hats).  I am loving this new style, and had to keep the first one for myself.  It works up in a lightweight fingering yarn and is a great accessory for the whole year through.  I will also be selling completed hats in addition to the pattern.
 
 
I have added more adult sized hats to my shop, as well as some fingerless gloves and other accessories.
 
I am a busy bee and hoping to add about 2 or 3 patterns along with new items by sometime next month.  If anyone is interested in being a pattern tester, please let me know.  You can email me at:  cavendishclassiccrafts@gmail.com
 
I have the following patterns in the works:
Toddler Skirt/Poncho
Cozy Crocheted Socks
Warm Wool Mittens (toddler/child-adult)
Little Red Riding Hood
Big Bad Wolf
and
Mermaid
 
Of course, not all of these will be released immediately.  I am hoping for the first 3 by December.
 
And I also plan on posting at least once a week here on the blog.  Please keep checking back for updates and possible upcoming deals!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment