Saturday, October 27, 2012

...and out goes my back

When it rains, it pours!  I have had some pain in my lower back and hip, then I got sick, and then I woke up unable to move.  Yup, out goes my back.  Ugh....
Haven't had this happen in about 7 years.  Worst part is, I don't even know how I did it.  Just happened.  Makes me feel like I'm getting old.
I was told no work for a few days (can't really afford that, but I have no choice), and don't bend or lift anything.  Yeah....sure!  I have a two year old!  Not exactly easy, but I have been trying to follow the doctor's orders.
The bright side to all of this, is that despite the constant pain, I am confined to the couch and my crochet (yay!).  So I am getting quite a bit accomplished.
 
My daughter needed some warmer clothes for the coming cooler months.  Seeing as she had outgrown most of her sweater, sweatshirts, and long sleeved shirts, I decided that I better make her a new sweater.  So I did!  It came out beautifully, if I do say so myself.  The best part is that she LOVES it!  She didn't want to take it off.  Always makes me feel good when she enjoys the things that I make for her.
 
 
 
Next on my agenda is finishing up her Minnie Mouse costume for Wednesday trick or treating (this will be her first time!), and making hat/mitten sets for my two nephews.  Not to mention, I have several other new ideas of things I would like to make.  It seems there is never enough time in a day, but now that I am stuck on this couch, most of this stuff may get finished this weekend!
 
I also just released my first pattern on Friday in my Etsy shop!  I was hoping to list it on Craftsy as well, but haven't gotten that far yet.  Maybe I will get it on there by the end of the weekend.  I have another new hat in my shop as well, and more to come.
 
There are several other patterns in the works at the moment, and I am deciding which ones will be next.  As soon as I get them typed up and tested, I am hoping to release a few more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment