Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Quest for the Perfect Sweater

Fall is almost here!  My favorite season, due in large part to the amazing clothing and colors that emerge at this time of year.
While working on my current custom order and browsing through Ravelry and Pinterest (both highly addicting), I decided that this year I was going to make myself a sweater.  I don't make things for myself often, and I really don't make big items due to the supply costs and time factor.  When I make garments, they are baby/children sizes (you know, instant gratification), because they can be done quickly and without too much yarn.  Besides, I love making clothes for my daughter, and she loves wearing homemade clothing!

But I REALLY, REALLY want to make myself a sweater!  I love sweaters of every kind: cowl neck, boat neck, fair isle, long sleeved, 3/4 length, cardis, etc.  So picking the perfect sweater was no easy task.
The above sweater, by Mon Petit Violon, has been on my dream to do list for quite some time, and despite looking at all of the other options, I keep coming back to it.
It's gorgeous, don't you think?  I love the style of it (as in, it looks like something I could actually wear), and because I have done several of her patterns before, I know I will enjoy this.

Here were a couple of others I found on Pinterest along the way....





....and while both are gorgeous, I think I found the perfect one!  Plus, there's always next year.

As far as this year goes, I will be making the Ladies Shrug/Cardigan by Mon Petit Violon.  I am excited to crochet my first sweater for myself, and after discussing this with fellow crocheter Lisa, from I Crochet It, I've decided to make this a CAL (Crochet Along)!

 I have never taken part in a CAL before, but I think this could be a lot of fun!  Several people have already shown an interest in joining along.  If you would like to take part in this, you can begin by going to any one of Mon Petit Violon's pattern stores: Ravelry, Craftsy, or Etsy, and purchase the pattern.  
Next is the fun part of picking the color(s)!  I think I have finally figured out the yarn I will use, after much late night perusing online, and I hope it will still be available come payday.

I will begin in September, so there's still a couple of weeks to prepare.  There won't be sign ups or deadlines; just a carefree manner of sharing progress and tips.
I will post weekly on my progress, and you all are free to post your pics on my facebook page or links to your own blogs or albums in the blog comments.  If there is enough interest, I may just start a Ravelry group.
I'd love to hear from you all.  Let me know your thoughts on this.  How many of you would like to take part in something like this here?  Any suggestions?
I appreciate your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment