Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ladies Shrug CAL Progress

 I have been cruising along this week on my Ladies Shrug/Cardigan for the CAL, and I just can't wait to wear it!  The weather in New England has been very chilly this past week, so all the more reason to speed things up.
 The more rows I finish, the more I am LOVING these colors!  It's a tonal alpaca/wool/acrylic blend, so not only are the colors fabulous, but it will be super soft, warm, and lightweight.  What more could you want in a sweater?
The excitement of creating my very first sweater (well my first sweater for an adult) has me in full blown sweater mode.  I have been finding myself glued to pinterest and ravelry lately looking for more sweaters to create.  I have a vision of crocheting myself an entire fall wardrobe (never gonna happen.lol), and I am planning my next piece.
Can you believe the fabulousness (not a word? it should be) of this textured sweater?!  The colors are perfection too; utterly autumn :)
It is done in tunisian, which means that it's time for me to learn a new technique.  I have been wanting to try it for a while, and I think this sweater is the perfect motivation, don't you?
But before I attempt the tunisian sweater, this cute cabled v-neck is next on my agenda.  It is another great pattern from my favorite designer, Mon Petit Violon, and I'm hoping I have enough of my yarn leftover to make it for my daughter.
Perfect for boys and girls, I think I will have to make several of these this season for all the kiddos in the family.
So, are any of you taking part in the CAL?  I know several people had shown interest last month and purchased the pattern.  I would love to hear about your progress, and even better, see some pics!
Here is a progress pic from the ever so talented Lisa, over at I Crochet It!  Great job Lisa, and I look forward to seeing more!
Please feel free to comment below about your progress or any current fall weather projects you are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment