Friday, September 6, 2013

Prelude to a CAL: The Perfect Sweater!


My big crochet plans for the month though are for my very own sweater!  I have already purchased the pattern (Ladies Shrug/Cardigan from Mon Petit Violon), and now my yarn is on its way  has arrived from Turkey (it's a wonderful alpaca blend that will be oh so cozy).
Here's a little peek at it:
We awoke this morning to very cold temps here in New England, which means sweater season is rolling in!  Yay!
I began today in the car while running errands.  I opted for the medium size of the pattern, and attempted it with a size H hook, thinking the G would make it too small.  I was wrong, and stupidly didn't make a swatch.  I know, I know, big mistake!  I figured with the measurements that she offers after Row 2, it would be ok.  That's when I discovered that I should have gone with a G hook after all.
So, I have started over this evening, size Medium, with a G hook, and it is coming along quite nicely.  I am not sure how much progress I will make this evening, but I am excited to see how this turns out!

If you are planning on joining in on the CAL, I would love to hear about your progress and see pictures, which you may post here with links or on facebook.  I will post at least weekly on my progress, and while there is no deadline, I am hoping to be able to enjoy the sweater this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment