Monday, February 4, 2013

Dreaming of Ireland...


About this time, three years ago, we were on vacation in Ireland.  It was gorgeous, and so exciting for us, as my husband and I are not big travelers.  As I lay here, sick on the couch, I am daydreaming of our lovely trip, and looking forward to going there again, next time with our daughter.  I was pregnant (with morning sickness to boot)last time we were there, so I can't wait to go back and take my daughter to the Dublin Zoo, among other places.
Being that I am finding myself rather unproductive this week, I figured I would share some of our vacation photos with you all!


Durty Nelly's- the oldest established pub in Ireland.



Stopped in for a pint at Durty Nelly's.  Well, my husband had a pint; I had a Sprite(pregnant as I was).




Outlook at the Cliffs of Moher





It was a very windy day, and we took a bus ride from Hell to get there, but it was so gorgeous!  Photos can't do that view justice.

Bunratty Castle 



Once we arrived in Dublin, we took a trip to the Botanic Gardens.  Absolutely beautiful.








Here I am as we were leaving the Gardens.

It was a fantastic trip, and there are loads more pictures.  We went to Glasnevin Cemetary, the Dublin Zoo, and took in a show at a Castle.  Had some interesting cuisine, got lost within the public transportation system, and wound up way outside the city at Ikea (really, they have those places EVERYWHERE!lol).   Perhaps those pics for another time.  
If you ever get a chance to travel, I highly suggest a trip to Ireland.  I know we are looking forward to getting back there someday.
Do you have a favorite/dream vacation destination?  Where would you go?




No comments:

Post a Comment