Monday, June 10, 2013

A New Dress

 I just finished this cute little dress for my daughter, and I am loving it!
 The pattern is by Mon Petit Violon(check out her facebook page and site), and I could not be happier with it!  I am not one who likes to buy patterns too often.  I usually prefer to make up my own designs.  Usually when I buy patterns, I am disappointed by the mistakes in them, and have to tweak them myself.  Frustrating when you purchase it.
 Not this time though!  Her patterns are so well written, free of errors, and include some helpful photos.  Everything worked up exactly as it should.
 Now, the actual pattern calls for sleeves, but I have left mine off for the warmer months, so that she can get some longer wear out of it.  I love it sleeveless too!  I will be adding the sleeves, and perhaps a bit more length to it in the fall for the cooler weather.
 I definitely see more of these in my future.  It was simple and fun to make, and it looks adorable on.  I like the classic vintage style of the dress, and think it looks so sweet on my little one.
 The bow accent in the front is an adorable touch....
 and I added this sparkly vintage button to the back.
 I will be making these available for custom orders now as well.  They can be made in 0-6 month all the way up to 3-4years.  My daughter's is the largest size, so I think I will be experimenting with larger hook size to get another size up for her.  I'll keep you posted.

If you would like to place a custom order for one of these adorable dresses, you can contact me by email or on facebook.  I will be setting up a listing soon on Etsy as well.
I have added many items there this week, and have several more to list soon.
In other news, we took a trip to our local library which was just remodeled.  The children's room is wonderful, and my daughter had a great time!  Unfortunately, she didn't want to leave, and threw her first public semi-tantrum.  Hmmph...  Oh well.  It happens.  She was in major need of a nap, and awoke in much better spirits later on.
We got a few crafting books; mostly for me, but a couple with crafts for kids.  I figured we could find some fun stuff to make this week, with all the rain we're expecting.

What are your favorite rainy day activities to do with kids?  Any fun craft ideas?  Feel free to post links.

No comments:

Post a Comment