Friday, October 4, 2013

CAL Progress- Ladies Shrug/Cardigan


Ta-dah!  It's a vest!  
I buckled down this week and made some serious progress on the sweater.  I finished the cowl, seamed up both sides, and voila: a vest!  I do fully intend to add the sleeves, but I was so excited to be able to wear it, that I just had to show it off for the day.  I do love it as just a vest, but I really wanted a long sleeved sweater, so that is what it will be.

The sleeve part of the pattern seems pretty straight forward, and I don't think they should take me too long to finish.  Sleeves are usually my nemesis, so I'm pleased with the simplicity of this pattern. 
 As with all of Mon Petit Violon's patterns, it is very easy to follow; there are several helpful pictures and clear instructions.  If you aren't currently working this project along with me, or if you've never tried her patterns, I would highly recommend them.  This is definitely a great beginner's sweater, and it works up quickly, if you're looking for something to wear this fall/winter.

I am hoping to wear this sweater apple picking next week, so I am off to work on my sleeves.  I would love to hear about your progress on the CAL!  Feel free to share pictures/links here in the comments or on my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment