Wednesday, October 9, 2013

CAL Progress- Sleeves

 Ok, so it all came down to the sleeves.  I loved it as a vest, don't get me wrong, but this was to be a sweater.
The sleeves seemed very straightforward, and although I have always despised making sleeves (I can't help but fail to make them the same way as the other without oodles of stress along the way), I had full confidence that this would move along quickly.
 Wrong!
I realized when working around the armhole, that my count was 10 more than in the pattern.  Hmmm.... I thought....
Oh well, I continued along.  Once I reached the point of the sleeve where you switch stitch work, I realized that they would not be long enough.  Hmmm....again....
So I made the necessary adjustments by adding several more rows, and the result was a very nice sleeve, which I am quite fond of.
The problem is, I now believe the reason for the difference may have been the way I seamed up the sweater sides.  Oh crap!  Yup, of course I would realize this after doing an ENTIRE SLEEVE!!!  I am most definitely not wanting to rip it out and start again.  Against my better judgement, I am continuing onto sleeve number 2.  I hope that it will fall/drape the way it is supposed to and that it will match the other.
If the second sleeve doesn't work out, I will rip out both, and it may stay a vest for an indeterminate period of time.
Wish me luck!
How are you all progressing with your sweaters?

No comments:

Post a Comment