Friday, March 8, 2013

"C" is for cookie.....

Despite my best efforts to get my to do list accomplished, my daughter had other plans.  While trying to finish up that cardigan (which at least is almost finished now), my little one informed me that she NEEDED a Cookie Monster hat!  It became clear to me that I would get nothing else accomplished until she had her new hat.

So off I went through my stash in search of some blue.  Would you believe that in ALL  the yarn I have, the many totes full to the brim, the cabinet with skeins falling out each time it opens, the yarn stash that may have more than I have time to use it in, I have hardly any blue?!  Seriously!?  The bulk of the "blue" is really a teal or bluish green.  I must remedy that situation.


I found some fuzzy soft blue which I teamed up with some darker blue pima cotton/acrylic and got to it!  She kept trying it on as I went (my very own quality control inspector), and as I was nearly falling asleep while "hookin'", I finished it up this morning.

I think he came out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

She loved it!




 So I am back to work on the cardi, and thinking of adding some cute ladybug buttons......

Going to try to get some photos done for a tutorial or two in the next few days, and I will be adding a couple of free pattern/tutorials here for you.
Don't forget my pattern for Coastal Kaleidoscope is now available on Craftsy and Ravelry!
And my newest slouchy hat, the Rosalie Slouchy, will be coming soon:)
Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment