Friday, March 1, 2013

It's Crochet Month Baby!

March is a big month!  There is Dr. Seuss's Birthday on the 2nd, St. Patrick's Day on the 17th, the 20th marks the first official day of spring (yay!), and Easter falls on the last day of the month (the 31st).   But the best part of March.....  it's International Crochet Month!  Woohoo!!!

That's right!  They designated an entire month for crochet, and why not?  I think it deserves its own month.  Every month is crochet month to me, but a month devoted to it makes it extra special.  Don't you think? So in honor of that, I am going to try (note I say "try") to post something here crochet related EVERY day this month!  Let's see if I am up to the challenge.
I have been trying to post more frequently, but things always seem to arise.  Regardless, I want to make this happen, so I am giving it my all.

I have several crochet patterns/tutorials I will be posting this month:


 A bulky crocheted cowl......
A little hatchling baby chick.....
An elegant crocheted flower adornment (a smaller version of the one from my Aurora Slouchy Hat and used on my "Leilani's Lace" skirt/poncho pattern)...
Some simple crocheted hearts....

And a covered elastic hairbow!

I also plan on releasing several new patterns this month, including my "Coastal Kaleidoscope",
 "Coastal Slouchy" in toddler and adult sizes,
and a special item for Easter!
I also have a purse, scarf, skirt and top in the works, but we will see.

I would also love to showcase some of the other talented crocheters out there.  So if you crochet, and you would like to share some of your work, please email me some of your photos and a link to your business page (if you have one).






No comments:

Post a Comment