Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day

 Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I threw together a quick and easy headband pattern for you all!  I figured you could accent them with those cute shamrocks from the other day.
Also, I currently have 3 of my 10 patterns listed for just $1, for today only!  Check out both my Craftsy and Ravelry shops for the sale.
 My daughter was not being very cooperative for the photo shoot(heehee).  Do you see that look she's giving me?  I think her love of hats does not extend to headbands, but oh well.  I can fit it on my head, albeit a bit more snugly, but it fits.
 The pattern is really simple, it's basically just a series of half double crochet worked in the back bottom loop only.  It gives it that "knit" look.

You will need an N hook and super bulky yarn(I went with green in honor of St. Paddy's Day).
Begin with a chain(the number will vary based on your head size, so you'll want to measure).  I did a ch41, and then I joined to form a loop, which will bring your stitch count to 40 as you go around each row.
One round of half double crochet(hdc).  Then when you come around, you will join in the back bottom loop of the beginning stitch.  Ch1, and hdc in same back bottom loop.  Continue to hdc around like this, working in those back bottom loops only.  Join as you did before.
Do three rows of this, or really as many as you want to achieve the desired width of your headband.  Cut and tie off.  Hide your tails in your work.
Accent with the applique, pin, hair clip of your choice, and TA-DA!

I had to model this one, as my daughter had at this point given up.lol

There it is; your knit style, crocheted St. Patrick's Day headband, complete with shamrock hair clip!
May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
-Irish Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment