Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday

It's already Wednesday!  This week has been flying by!  I just released my two newest patterns, Rosalie Toddler Slouchy and Egg Hunt, on Craftsy and Ravelry.  I am really trying to get the adult sized Rosalie Slouchy typed up and out to testers, finish a new cushion cover pattern to complement the Coastal Kaleidoscope Throw(also on Craftsy and Ravelry), make some fun Easter items for my little girl, and get some items made up for another product shoot.
Of course, as always, I get so easily distracted and wind up starting a new project.  I have been so inspired by my Coastal Kaleidoscope pattern as of late, that I have created several new patterns.  For example, the Rosalie Slouchies both got their start with that throw pattern, the cushion cover in progress was created to accent it, and now I have done it again!  I started off with every intention of making a hat, but it morphed into a granny, which grew and grew, and is now becoming a sweater/tunic for my daughter.

 I have the front side finished and will be making the back now.  Hopefully it turns out as I see it in my mind.  Sometimes these things don't quite go according to plan, but I am loving the colors, and it can always morph into something else if need be.
If my plan goes well, I will be making a matching hat to go with this tunic/granny sweater.  Perhaps a pattern or tutorial will come of this......

 My daughter just had to be a part of this photo shoot.lol
I don't know how many of you have ever tried taking photos with a two year old running around, but it's not always easy.  She has recently developed a love for the camera, and would rather me take pictures of her dolls and hands then my items.  She also much prefers taking her own pictures entirely.  Thinking she needs her own camera.
This little shamrock will be a tutorial within the next few days probably.  I was going to post it on St. Paddy's Day, but figured you'd want to be able to make them before then.  They are really quite simple, and only require worsted weight yarn, an I hook, and a pipe cleaner.  They take maybe 15 minutes tops, and you can do so much with them.  They would make excellent hair clips, appliques for hats and headbands, pins, accents to a decorative wreath, napkin rings, etc.
What are you working on this week?  Is anyone making anything fun for St. Patrick's Day or Easter?  I would love to see your pictures, crochet and other, so please feel free to post them on my facebook page!
Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment