Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Fun!

 I am finally back online!  I have a new to me, but older laptop, and I can finally access my blog again.  My intention was to post everyday throughout March for national crochet month.  This of course did not happen due to a computer crash.  My blogging and pattern plans were all put on hold, I had limited access to email and facebook, and it made things quite difficult from a business perspective.  We really rely on these machines (maybe too much), and when they go down, everything goes screwy.
But I am back on track, mostly, and I am working on trying to retrieve all of my old files of patterns, downloads and pictures.  In the meantime, I have been working on several new pattern ideas.  I have several things lined up for the warmer weather, and I can't wait to get them typed up and out to testers!

Now onto some Easter fun!
We had a great day visiting my brother, his wife, and her family!  It is a rare occasion that I get to see my family for actual holidays.  We live a few hours away, and can't always make the trip.  It was great to get down there this year, and it turned out to be a beautiful day.
 Here I am with my brother and my daughter, holding up one of the many eggs she found in the yard.  She did a great job egg hunting(maybe the hat helped, wink wink), and she had lots of fun with her cousin.
 Here they are blowing bubbles(a gift from the Bunny in their baskets), which are a staple at all family gatherings.  We always have bubbles, and they are always a big hit with the kids.
 It was so nice for my little one to be able to see her auntie, uncle and cousins.  She had so much fun, and I think that they are both now at an age where they remember each other.  My daughter is still talking about him.lol
 Here he is being silly in his Egg Hunt hat.  He is such a cutie pie, and so funny.
 These are the baskets that I made for the boys.
 This is the red velvet cake that my hubby and I made, complete with chocolate duck pond!
The chocolate molds were my mother's, and she made them for my brother and me when we were kids.  I have such great memories of waking up on Easter morning to a basket next to a chocolate duck pond with fence, ducks and bunnies.  I had to try to recreate this fond memory.  My brother was really excited about it.
Here are the kids playing with uncle Matt in the sandbox.  It was hard to get them away from this thing to go eat.lol

We had a fantastic Easter filled with lots of fun new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment