Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Spot of Navy...

 I have had a bit of a navy and white obsession lately when it comes to my daughter's wardrobe....
 It seems every outfit I choose for her has the two colors....
 Some nautical, some stripes, and this new polka dot dress!
 So, of course I had to make her a new springtime hat in blue to go with all of these new outfits.

 And I'm now working on a white sparkly shrug sweater so she can wear this on cooler days, and a white brimmed sunhat for the summer.  I think some new patterns are in order for each of them, so be on the lookout!
 She is a big fan of peek-a-boo, and had a blast hamming it up for the camera!
I have several new items centered around her new spring/summer wardrobe, and there will be some new patterns within the next couple of months.

 Yesterday was mine and hubby's anniversary (10 years together and 7 married!), so we went out for lunch at the Olive Garden with the little one.  It's a tradition (we've done it every year), and our daughter loves going now too!  It helps that she behaves well in restaurants, because there was another child there who was jumping all over the place.
 The highlight of our meals there, for me at least, is the Black Tie Mousse Cake.  This is the most creamy, rich and heavenly cake in the world!
 My hubby always gets the tiramisu, which is impressive since he doesn't often do desserts.  I am a dessert junkie......
 and so is my daughter.lol
She helped me polish off my cake.
We had a wonderful day together as a family, which is our favorite way to spend the day.  It was beautiful out, albeit a little windy, but we had fun and did a little shopping too.  Not only did we pick up that cute polka dot dress, but my hubby also got me Les Miserables on dvd!  I have been wanting to see it since I heard they were making it, and it was not disappointing in the least.  Incredible film which I plan to watch over and over again!
Well off to finish her new shrug and sunhat!  Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment